DTE ENERGY – Energy Efficiency Residential
DTE Insight “$1,500 Toward Your Energy Bill” Sweepstakes
Details and Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Michigan who are DTE Residential Customers and are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of DTE Energy (the “Sponsor”) and Insight Energy Ventures, LLC d/b/a Powerley, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members are not eligible. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning the prize will depend upon the number of entries received.
2. Sponsor: DTE Energy, Energy Optimization
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, August 3, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. EST and all entries must be received by DTE no later than August 18, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
4. How to Enter: Download the DTE Insight app and upgrade to the Premium plan to request an Energy Bridge during the promotional dates and be automatically entered.
The DTE Insight application can be downloaded from the below links based on mobile device:
The DTE Insight Premium plan is free for the first six months, then $1.99 a month with the option to cancel at any time.
If you’re interested in entering the Sweepstakes, but do not wish to download the DTE Insight application or upgrade to the Premium plan, please send a postcard entry – print your name, address, phone number and email address and mail to: DTE Energy, Energy Optimization, One Energy Plaza, 1600 WCB; Detroit, MI 48226-1279.
5. Drawing: (32) Smart Home Package winners and (1) Visa gift card grand prize winner will be randomly selected from qualified entries by August 26, 2020.
6. Prizes: (33): (32) $500.00 retail value package of smart home devices: (1) Powerley Thermostat, (5) Enbrighten or LinearLinc Smart LED Bulbs, (3) Aeotec Smart Switch 6 Smart Plugs, (1) Aeotec Window/Door Sensor 6, (1) Aeotec MultiSensor 6 Motion Sensor.
(1) Grand prize $1,500.00 retail value Visa gift card intended to be roughly equivalent to average residential customer energy usage for a year. The winner will continue to receive a monthly energy bill from DTE.
Average Michigan residential customer energy usage is based on data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration
The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value in the event that the prize is unavailable.
7. Winner notification: Winners will be notified via e-mail no later than August 31, 2020.
8. Prize fulfillment: Prizes will be shipped to the winning customers’ DTE site addresses.
9. Release: By accepting a prize, you agree to release and hold harmless DTE Energy and Insight Energy Ventures, LLC d/b/a Powerley and their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes at any time. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different, identities, registrations or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official
Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action,; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) waives all rights to claim or receive, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, within the appropriate Michigan court, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.