Powerley is looking for a talented individual to serve as a lead product manager for its behavioral energy efficiency product line, driving and defining the experience on the Powerley platform. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of product lifecycle management, a deep knowledge of how to engage and delight customers through digital experiences and not just able to adapt to the rapidly changing landscape but anticipating the evolution before it happens.
As this individual will need to interact with many team members across the product management, development, marketing and operations teams, strong communication is a must, as well as maintaining clear documentation to ensure all parties are aligned. Finally, as Powerley is changing the way consumers understand and use energy, this individual must have a passion for helping solve complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, psychology, or related field
- Prior product management background, with knowledge of software development processes and methodologies (Agile preferred)
- Experience working in the energy efficiency space, especially tools and/or services to drive energy waste reduction
- Excellent documentation skills to be able to clearly understand the product, define it, and generate the product requirements
- Collaborate with product marketing and analytics team on market research, understanding the market and customer demands as a vital input
- Knowledge of project management tools, such as MS Project or Dapulse
- Ability to manage resources, both internal and external, for purposes of resource planning and forecasting
- Experienced at developing business cases for potential products, including evaluating market potential and opportunity and incorporating upside and risk in analysis
- Understand product lifecycle, including the ability to synthesize feedback from customers and users to determine effectiveness and drive optimization
- Masters degree, preferred to be in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Background in behavioral change, including psychology, drivers and tactics
- Comfortable interacting with external contacts, including potential customers and partners
- Solid financial analysis background, with ability to quantify opportunities based on a variety of measures, including return on investment and net present value
- Knowledge of product marketing, with ability to support go-to market of new product releases