Field Systems Engineer
Powerley is seeking a Field Systems Engineer to join our high-growth, creative organization at its offices in Royal Oak, MI. This role will help deliver and support our applications and products in the field with our customers. You will work closely with world-class designers, software engineers and firmware engineers to help support a platform that will potentially reach into millions of homes across the globe. This position will require all of your enthusiasm and problem solving skills.
- Perform installation, maintenance and support of the Powerley platform in-house or at client sites
- Act as a primary on-site and remote technical point of contact for Powerley platform
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve a variety of IoT devices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Linux administration experience
- Experience connecting applications and services running on Linux machines
- Knowledge of home automation technologies and protocols such as: ZigBee / Z-Wave / Thread / HomeKit
- Experience with facing customer
- Experience managing Linux users and permissions for development environments
- Must be able to manage and deploy applications running on Linux
- Ability to think creatively, and problem solve in a structured manner
- Passion for work, highly-driven, and self-motivated
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to prioritize work, plan, and manage change